Students who choose to attend postgraduate training programs prior to beginning service in the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program must meet a set of requirements.
Review the complete, detailed information in the:
- NHSC SP Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 641 KB)
- 2024 – 2025 NHSC Postgraduate Training Bulletin (PDF - 376 KB)
How to submit a postgraduate training request
- You must submit postgraduate training requests via the Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW) Customer Service Portal by May 1.
- Physicians: Failing to submit a timely and complete postgraduate training request may result in a breach of your NHSC contract.
- Other health professionals: Though postgraduate training is optional, failure to submit a timely and complete postgraduate training request may result in NHSC assigning you to service immediately.
- Check out our videos to help you complete and submit your request to attend postgraduate training electronically.