- Accepting applications through August 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Review the 2018 Site Reference Guide (PDF - 915 KB) carefully to ensure your site meets all the requirements and to gather the required documentation.
- New this year – outpatient substance use disorder (SUD) treatment facilities are also now eligible to apply if your site provides any of these services: General Substance Use Disorder Treatment (SUD), Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) or Opioid Treatment Program (OTP). See the 2018 Site Reference Guide (PDF - 915 KB) for specific details.
- Review the New Site SUD Required Documentation list (PDF - 177 KB).
- NHSC Behavioral Health Program Notification & Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services Checklist (PDF - 560 KB) - outlines the updated requirements for behavioral health providers and sites, which impact all current and prospective NHSC sites that provide behavioral health services.
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393.
NHSC Posters Now Available: Download our new poster about NHSC programs available to students and clinicians - then display and circulate to get the word out!
The NHSC can help you recruit and retain qualified health care providers who care about patients living in communities with limited access to care and choose to work where they are needed most.
Watch this video to learn how our programs can help your site recruit:
NHSC Site Benefits
- Assistance in the recruitment and retention of qualified and dedicated primary care providers and access to the Health Workforce Connector, where you can promote your site and post job openings.
- Opportunities to network with other NHSC-approved sites and community organizations
- Direct access to State Primary Care Offices that help to increase access to primary health care services in your community
- Membership in a network of partners who are dedicated to providing care in underserved communities
The NHSC offers benefits at no cost to you.
Your facility may be eligible to become an NHSC-approved site if it:
- Is located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
- Provides primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health services
- Provides services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay
- Offers discounted fees to patients who qualify
- Accepts patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)