- The 2016 application is now closed.
- Review the 2016 Site Reference Guide carefully to ensure your site meets all the requirements and to gather the required documentation.
- New! NHSC Behavioral Health Program Notification & Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services Checklist (PDF - 1.2 MB) - outlines the updated requirements for behavioral health providers and sites, which impact all current and prospective NHSC sites that provide behavioral health services.
NHSC Posters Now Available: Download our new poster about NHSC programs available to students and clinicians - then display and circulate to get the word out!
The NHSC can help you recruit and retain qualified health care providers who care about patients living in communities with limited access to care and choose to work where they are needed most.
Watch this video to learn how our programs can help your site recruit:
NHSC Site Benefits
- Assistance in the recruitment and retention of qualified and dedicated primary care providers and access to the NHSC Jobs Center, where you can promote your site and post job openings.
- Opportunities to network with other NHSC-approved sites and community organizations
- Direct access to State Primary Care Offices that help to increase access to primary health care services in your community
- Membership in a network of partners who are dedicated to providing care in underserved communities
The NHSC offers benefits at no cost to you.
Your facility may be eligible to become an NHSC-approved site if it:
- Is located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
- Provides primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health services
- Provides services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay
- Offers discounted fees to patients who qualify
- Accepts patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Find a HPSA
Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) are Federally designated. They may be a geographic area, a population group, a public or private nonprofit medical facility, or other public facility, with a shortage of primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health providers.
In a HPSA?
Download the Application Bulletin (PDF - 133 KB)
Join our NHSC Students to Service Technical Assistance Call & Online Chat on September 29 from 7-9 PM ET. Link here | Dial-in: 1-888-324-4392 | Passcode: 1058390
Review the NHSC Students to Service Application and Program Guidance Recorded Webinar to learn about the eligibility requirements, online application process, and the NHSC service commitment