WHEN TO APPLY
- The 2017 application cycle is now closed. The next NHSC New Sites application is scheduled to open in Spring 2018. Sign up to get an e-mail when it does.
- Review the 2017 Site Reference Guide (PDF -688 KB) for detailed information to help you understand the program.
- NHSC Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services Checklist (PDF - 1.2 MB) - outlines the updated requirements for behavioral health providers and sites, which impact all current and prospective NHSC sites that provide behavioral health services.
- Site administrators with sites that may be eligible for NHSC Auto-Approval must contact the BHW DRO directly and submit a signed NHSC Site Agreement in order for the site to be added to the NHSC system of record.
NHSC-approved sites are outpatient facilities providing primary care medical, dental, and/or mental and behavioral health services. These facilities may be:
- Community Health Center
- Migrant Health
- Homeless Program
- Public Housing Program
- School-Based Program
- Mobile Clinic
- Federal Indian Health Service facilities
- Tribal/638 Health Facility
- Dual-Funded (Tribal Health Clinic and FQHC 330 Funded)
- Urban Indian Health Program
- Indian and Tribal Hospitals
- Federal Prison (automatically approved)
- State Prison
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Service Corps
- Rural Health Clinic Quick Guide (PDF - 70 KB)
- Solo Practice
- Group Practice
Critical Access Hospitals
Community Mental Health Centers
State or Local Health Departments
Community Outpatient Facilities (hospital- and non-hospital affiliated)
FQHC Look-Alikes (automatically approved)
The following site types are not eligible to apply:
- Inpatient Hospitals (including Veteran’s Administration Hospitals, with the exception of Medicare-approved Critical Access Hospitals);
- Other Inpatient Facilities;
- Residential Facilities;
- County/Local prisons.