Call for Nominations
The National Advisory Council (NACNHSC) calls for nominations of individuals with a background in primary care, oral health, and mental/behavioral health.
- Term length: 3 years
- Term start: TBD
- Required documentation, selection criteria, & more: Refer to the Federal Register Notice
- Questions? Email Diane Fabivi-King, Designated Federal Officer
The National Advisory Council on the National Health Service Corps (NACNHSC) is a group of healthcare providers and administrators.
These members are experts in the issues that communities with a shortage of primary care professionals face in meeting their healthcare needs.
The NACNHSC is a frontline source of information to the NHSC senior management.
The National Advisory Council commits to effectively advising the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and, by designation, the Administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration.
What are NACNHSC’s responsibilities?
- Serve as a forum to identify the priorities for the NHSC and bring forward and anticipate future program issues and concerns.
- Do this through ongoing communication with program staff, professional organizations, communities and program participants.
- Function as a sounding board for proposed policy changes by using the varying levels of expertise represented on the Council to advise on specific program areas.
- Develop and distribute white papers and briefs that clearly state issues and/or concerns relating to the NHSC with specific recommendations for necessary policy revisions.