NHSC Loan Repayment Program
WHEN TO APPLY
The amount you receive and length of your commitment depends on where you serve—service at sites in higher-need areas yields greater loan repayments). It also depends on whether you select the full-time or half-time option.
Review the 2018 Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 580 KB) for details.
Visit the Health Workforce Connector to determine if your site is an NHSC-approved site.
How It Works
You Are a Dedicated Primary Care Provider
Fully trained and licensed in an eligible discipline:
- Medicine: MD, DO, NP, CNM, PA
- Dentistry: DMD, DDS, RDH
- Mental/Behavioral Health: HSP, LCSW, PNS, MFT, LPC
See Eligibility for eligible primary care specialties
You Serve a Community in Need
- You find a job at an NHSC-approved site
- Apply to the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Fulfill your 2-year commitment at your site – with the option to continue your service and receive additional loan repayment
You Receive Financial, Professional, and Personal Benefits
- Pay off all of your student loans with continued service
- Access educational, training and networking opportunities
- Join a community of providers with a shared desire to care for underserved patients