For New Members
As an NHSC Scholar, you will serve communities in need across the Unites States upon completion of your training.
Make a smooth transition into the NHSC Scholarship Program by following these steps:
- Activate your Customer Service Portal account. The portal is your primary channel for communication and home for critical information about the Corps. Follow these steps to activate your account. (PDF - 373 KB)
- Review the NHSC Welcome Kit. Each new Scholars will receive a Welcome Kit including a Scholarship Award Letter and Contract, along with other important information located on their portal account.
- Save a copy of your FY 2017 Scholarship Program Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 545 KB). It contains information about the award, contract process, requirements while in school and in training, and your service commitment.
- Review the NHSC New Scholar Orientation Presentation. The orientation outlines the program requirements that need to be completed while you are in school and training opportunities, such as clinical rotations, to prepare you for work at an NHSC-approved site.
- Notify your assigned NHSC Scholarship Program Service Officer if you do not receive your annual Other Reasonable Cost and monthly stipend payments by November 7.
- Complete and submit the Enrollment Verification Form (EVFs) to NHSC for each academic term you are enrolled as an NHSC Scholar. All EVFs must be submitted through the Customer Service Portal.
- Keep your contact information up to date. It’s important that NHSC is able to reach you if necessary. Please immediately provide NHSC with updated contact information. This new information can be submitted through the Customer Service Portal.
Still Have Questions?
We also encourage you to learn more about the support resources available online, in your community, and at the national level.