Meeting NHSC Requirements
As an NHSC-approved site, you are expected to maintain your status as a primary care service site by continually meeting the requirements outlined in the NHSC Site Agreement (located in the Appendix of the Site Reference Guide). We encourage you to review the NHSC Site Agreement and keep a copy for reference.
In addition, NHSC-approved sites agree to:
- Display the NHSC-approved site decal and/or tabletop sign (PDF - 511 KB). Place the NHSC decal in your front window or display the tabletop sign in a highly visible area.
- Post the NHSC site policy poster (English poster [PDF - 638 KB] and Spanish poster [PDF - 321 KB]). Prominently display the NHSC poster, which states you will provide access to all patients regardless of their ability to pay. You can get a printed copy of the poster from your Regional Office.
- Maintain your discounted fee schedule. NHSC sites must not discriminate in the provision of services to an individual because the patient cannot pay for services or payment is made through Medicare, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Participate in site visits from the NHSC. NHSC regional staff will schedule a visit to your site approximately every 3 years to ensure you are meeting NHSC requirements, as well as identify ways we can further support your site. You will find information on site visits in the NHSC Site Reference Guide (PDF - 569 KB). Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393.
- Submit a Site Recertification Application every 3 years unless you are exempt (i.e. FQHCs, FQHC Look-Alikes, ITUs, and Federal Prisons).