We understand the COVID-19 outbreak will have a direct impact on our National Health Service Corps (NHSC) clinicians and sites.
NHSC and Nurse Corps COVID-19 Flexibility FAQs
Get answers to your questions about how we're addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on your work.
We support you, and we want you and your family to:
- Stay healthy and safe.
- Take appropriate measures to protect yourself and your community.
We are committed to providing you with flexibility. We want our clinicians and sites to focus on facing this unprecedented public health emergency. You may encounter situations related to COVID-19 that may impact your ability to complete your service obligation. We have mechanisms in place to help you meet your compliance requirements.
What can you do?
If your service situation changes, contact a program analyst via the BHW Customer Service Portal.
This includes if:
- You are required to be away from your approved service site more than the allotted seven weeks per service year;
- You become unemployed as a direct result of the outbreak; or
- Your employer directs you to provide care outside of an NHSC-approved health care facility.
We will update you on program changes relating to you or your staff’s NHSC service. Thank you for committing to care for the nation’s underserved communities.
For more agency information about COVID-19, visit HRSA’s coronavirus page.
- Learn how to prevent and control the spread of infection in health care settings through CDC Guidance for Heath Care Professionals.
- Access COVID-19 safety training for health care workers and sites through the NIH Worker Training Program.
For national updates and information, visit: