Eight members (PDF - 41 KB) serve on the National Advisory Council (NACNHSC).
NHSC Needs You
Lend your expertise and unique experiences. You can address healthcare delivery needs in underserved areas. Become a member—make a positive impact.
What is the commitment?
- A 3-year term
- Up to four meetings each year (Each meeting lasts for two days in a row)
How do I become a member?
You can be nominated or submit a self-nomination.
If you are nominated by someone, they should send a letter stating:
- The name, affiliation, and contact information for the nominee;
- The basis for the nomination; and
- The nominator’s contact information:
- Include name, address, daytime telephone number, and email address.
Letters must be from an employer, colleague, and/or professional organization.
If you decide to self-nominate, your letter should include:
- Traits that would qualify you for the position.
- Your affiliation, contact information, and area of expertise.
- The specific reason(s) you feel the NACNHSC would benefit from your membership.
What else should my nomination include?
- A Letter of interest from the nominee
- Include the reasons they would like to serve on the NACNHSC.
- A biographical sketch of the nominee
- A copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae
- The nominee’s contact information
- It is optional, but we recommend you include a cover letter.