WHEN TO APPLY
- The 2016 application is now closed.
- Review the 2016 Site Reference Guide carefully to ensure your site meets all the requirements and to gather the required documentation.
- New! NHSC Behavioral Health Program Notification & Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services Checklist (PDF - 1.2 MB) - outlines the updated requirements for behavioral health providers and sites, which impact all current and prospective NHSC sites that provide behavioral health services.
NHSC-approved sites are outpatient facilities providing primary care medical, dental, and/or mental and behavioral health services. These facilities may be:
- Community Health Center
- Migrant Health
- Homeless Program
- Public Housing Program
- School-Based Program
- Mobile Clinic
- Federal Indian Health Service facilities
- Tribal/638 Health Facility
- Dual-Funded (Tribal Health Clinic and FQHC 330 Funded)
- Urban Indian Health Program
- Federal Prison (automatically approved)
- State Prison
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Service Corps
- Rural Health Clinic Quick Guide (PDF - 161 KB)
- Solo Practice
- Group Practice
Critical Access Hospitals
Community Mental Health Centers
State or Local Health Departments
Community Outpatient Facilities (hospital- and non-hospital affiliated)
FQHC Look-Alikes (automatically approved)
The following site types are not eligible to apply:
- Inpatient Hospitals (including Veteran’s Administration Hospitals, with the exception of Medicare-approved Critical Access Hospitals);
- Other Inpatient Facilities;
- Residential Facilities;
- County/Local prisons.
Join our NHSC Students to Service Technical Assistance Call & Online Chat on September 29 from 7-9 PM ET. Link here | Dial-in: 1-888-324-4392 | Passcode: 1058390
Review the NHSC Students to Service Application and Program Guidance Recorded Webinar to learn about the eligibility requirements, online application process, and the NHSC service commitment