To apply to become an NHSC site, make sure that your facility is an eligible site type and can meet the following requirements:
- Physically located in a Federally-designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) and serving the population of that HPSA. The HPSA must correspond to the services provided at that site (e.g., a site providing dental services must be in a designated dental HPSA).
To determine if your facility is located in a HPSA:
- Be a primary care outpatient facility, or a CMS-certified Critical Access Hospital that provides medical, dental or mental and behavioral health services.
- Utilize a qualified discounted/sliding fee schedule and have had it in place for at least 12 months.
- Not deny services to an individual based on inability to pay or enrollment in Medicare, Medicaid, or a state Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP).
- Utilize a credentialing process that includes, at a minimum, reference review, licensure verification, and a query of the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB).
- Prominently display a statement in common areas (and on the website, if applicable) that explicitly states that
- No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay; and
- A discounted/sliding fee schedule is available.
An official representative of the applying site must read the NHSC Site Reference Guide (PDF - 536 KB) and must comply with the program requirements as listed in the NHSC Site Agreement in the Guide's Appendix.
During the application period, NHSC experiences a very high call volume to its Customer Care Center. To avoid long wait times, applicants are encouraged to participate in any of these upcoming events, which will offer application help and technical assistance to those applying to become an NHSC Site.
2015 NHSC Site Application Technical Assistance Webinar
Thursday, April 30 from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. ET
Dial-in Number: 1-888-996-4919
* To participate in the webinar, you will need to use both the access link and the dial-in number.
NHSC Site Application Technical Assistance Conference Call
Wednesday, May 13 from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
Dial-in Number: 1-888-790-1868