Discounted Fee Schedule
NHSC-approved sites are required to provide health services regardless of the patient's ability to pay, or method of payment. To meet this requirement, NHSC-approved sites (with the exception of correctional facilities and free clinics) should:
- Provide services for free or at a nominal charge to patients whose annual income is at or below the Federal poverty level. View the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Provide a discounted/sliding fee schedule to patients (whose income is up to 200% of the Federal poverty level), which reflects a nominal charge.
- Accept assignment for Medicare beneficiaries and have entered into an appropriate agreement with the applicable State agency for Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries.
- Prominently post signage (onsite and online if applicable) stating that patients will not be denied services based on inability to pay and that discounts are available based on family size and income.
Discounted/Sliding Schedule Fee Information Package (PDF - 283 KB)
NHSC sites should post a statement that explicitly states that no one will be denied services due to inability to pay or for any other reason (race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age*, or sexual orientation). Sites must prominently advertise this statement in the waiting room and on the site’s web site, if applicable.
*Age is not an applicable discriminatory factor for pediatric or geriatric sites.
During the application period, NHSC experiences a very high call volume to its Customer Care Center. To avoid long wait times, applicants are encouraged to participate in any of these upcoming events, which will offer application help and technical assistance to those applying to become an NHSC Site.
2015 NHSC Site Application Technical Assistance Webinar
Thursday, April 30 from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. ET
Dial-in Number: 1-888-996-4919
* To participate in the webinar, you will need to use both the access link and the dial-in number.
NHSC Site Application Technical Assistance Conference Call
Wednesday, May 13 from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
Dial-in Number: 1-888-790-1868