Discounted Fee Schedule
NHSC-approved sites must provide health services regardless of the patient's ability to pay, or method of payment. To meet this requirement, NHSC-approved sites must:
- Provide services for free, or at a nominal charge to patients whose annual income is at or below the Federal poverty level. View the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Provide discounted fees to patients whose income is up to 200% of the Federal poverty level.
- Accept Medicare assignment.
- Enter into an appropriate agreement with the State agency administering the Medicaid program.
- Enter into an appropriate agreement with the State agency administering the Children's Health Insurance Program.
The NHSC has created guidance to help you develop a discounted fee schedule. View the Discounted/Sliding Scale Fee Information Package (PDF - 1.24 MB).
NHSC sites must post a statement that explicitly states that no one will be denied services due to inability to pay or for any other reason (race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, or sexual orientation). Sites must prominently advertise this statement in the waiting room and on site’s Web site, if applicable. This statement should be translated into the appropriate languages or dialect of the community. Posters with this statement will be provided to you and are available to be ordered in English and Spanish. You can also download the poster from the Web site.