NHSC can help you recruit and retain qualified health care providers who care about patients living in communities with limited access to care and choose to work where they are needed most.
NHSC Site Benefits
- Assistance in helping you attract and retain qualified and dedicated primary care providers
- Opportunities to network with other NHSC-approved sites and community organizations
- Direct access to State Primary Care Offices (PCOs) that provide assistance with increasing access to primary health care services in your community
- Membership in a network of partners who are dedicated to providing care in communities with limited access to health care
The NHSC offers benefits at no cost to you.
Your facility may be eligible to become an NHSC-approved site if it:
- Is located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
- Provides primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health services
- Provides services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay
- Offers discounted fees to patients who qualify
- Accepts patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Find a HPSA
Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) are Federally designated. They may be a geographic area, a population group, a public or private nonprofit medical facility, or other public facility, with a shortage of primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health providers.
In a HPSA?
Already an NHSC-Approved Site?
Recruit providers, renew approval status, and receive up-to-date Corps information.