NHSC can help you recruit and retain qualified health care providers who care about patients living in communities with limited access to care and choose to work where they are needed most.
- The 2014 New Site Application Cycle is Open from April 15, 2014 through June 16 at 11:59pm ET. ›
- 2014 New NHSC Site Application Technical Assistance Webinar
- 2014 New NHSC Site App TA Webinar Transcript (PDF - 68 KB). Eligibility, application process and resources for sites
- Update Your Site Profile Today ›
- Retain Providers: Site Retention Calculator ›
- Rural Health Clinics Quick Start Guide (PDF - 161 KB) ›
NHSC Site Benefits
- Assistance in helping you attract and retain qualified and dedicated primary care providers
- Opportunities to network with other NHSC-approved sites and community organizations
- Direct access to State Primary Care Offices (PCOs) that provide assistance with increasing access to primary health care services in your community
- Membership in a network of partners who are dedicated to providing care in communities with limited access to health care
The NHSC offers benefits at no cost to you.
Your facility may be eligible to become an NHSC-approved site if it:
- Is located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
- Provides primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health services
- Provides services regardless of a patient’s ability to pay
- Offers discounted fees to patients who qualify
- Accepts patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Find a HPSA
Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) are Federally designated. They may be a geographic area, a population group, a public or private nonprofit medical facility, or other public facility, with a shortage of primary care medical, dental, or mental and behavioral health providers.
In a HPSA?
Already an NHSC-Approved Site?
Recruit providers, renew approval status, and receive up-to-date Corps information.