Students to Service Program
WHEN TO APPLY
Are you a medical or dental student in your final year of school?
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) provides up to $120,000 to medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students in their final year of school in return for a commitment to provide primary health care full time for at least 3 years at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need.
- Read the 2017 S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 491 KB). It details the program eligibility requirements and selection criteria, as well as the rights and responsibilities of individuals selected to participate in the NHSC Students to Service Loan Repayment Program.
- Watch this S2S Recorded Webinar,which reviews the application process, eligibility requirements, and service commitment.
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID before beginning the application process to electronically import your Federal loan information for your application.
- Gather documentation you will need to submit with your application. You will need loan information verification, school transcript, verification of good standing, proof of passing Step/Level 1 of USMLE/COMLEX or documentation verifying that you have passed Part I of the National board Dental Examination, as well as letters of recommendation and a CV or resume.
- Visit the NHSC Jobs Center to find out the kinds of sites where S2S LRP participants serve after completing their residencies.
- Join our S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance technical assistance events on September 8 or September 29 from 7-9 PM ET. Link here |Dial-in: 1-888-324-4392 | Passcode: 1058390
- Go to the application
“I thought [the Students to Service Loan Repayment Program] was a unique opportunity to become part of a structured program that ensures physicians can work in an underserved area early in their careers while obtaining loan repayment.” - Brian Freeman, Students to Service Awardee
NHSC Posters Now Available: Download our new poster about NHSC programs available to students and clinicians - then display and circulate to get the word out!