NHSC Ambassadors are dedicated volunteers who educate, train, serve and lead in communities across the nation. Giving their time and talents, they help to spread the word about NHSC opportunities and serve as a local resource for current NHSC members.
- NHSC Job Center Webinar: Want to learn more about navigating the Job Center? Make your job search easier and join us on Tuesday, November 15, from 4:00 to 5:30 pm, ET. Special Guest Speaker: Luis Padilla, MD, FAAFP, Associate Administrator for Health Workforce, Director, National Health Service Corps and NHSC Ambassador.
- New Ambassadors: Participate in our quarterly “Ambassador 101” Conference Calls. Dates and times for upcoming calls:
- Thursday, November 17 from 5 pm to 6 pm (ET)
- Read our latest Ambassador Spotlight story.
Roles and Responsibilities of the NHSC Ambassador Program
When you become an NHSC ambassador, you:
- Help NHSC members find opportunities that develop their career and make a real difference in the communities they serve;
- Play an integral role in working to solve the shortage of primary care providers in the U.S. and impact the lives of patients nationwide.
- Plan or participate in NHSC Presentation;
- Educate, Train, Serve and Lead
If you are already an NHSC Ambassador, we provide training and resources to help you:
- Plan events and other activities,
- Recruit students and current primary care providers, and
- Train and mentor those already serving at NHSC-approved sites.
Event, Recruitment and Training Tools
- 2016 Application Bulletin
- 2016 Grants Bulletin
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program Fact Sheet
- NHSC Students to Service Loan Repayment Program Fact Sheet
- NHSC Scholarship Program Fact Sheet
- NHSC State Loan Repayment Fact Sheet
- Faculty Loan Repayment Program Fact Sheet
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program Fact Sheet
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program Fact Sheet
- Scholarship Programs for Nurses Fact Sheet
- Loan Repayment Programs for Nurses Fact Sheet
Spread the word about our programs and opportunities on your own social media channels—and ours!
- Videos: NHSC Stories
- Graphics: NHSC, NURSE Corps, and Health Observances
- Web Badges: NHSC badges and buttons
GUIDELINES FOR USE
The Ambassador logo may not be used to:
Endorse any commercial product or service.
Solicit funds or other contributions of monetary value
In a manner that could give rise to appearance of such endorsement or solicitation; EXCEPT
May be used for informational, educational and historical purposes in connection with programs that promote information on the NHSC website. Any other uses are unauthorized.
NHSC Social Media
We host training webinars for NHSC Ambassadors approximately every six weeks. Review the calendar below and join us for one—or all:
|Understanding the NHSC Jobs Center||Tuesday, November 15||4pm – 5:30pm ET|
|NHSC Loan Repayment Program 101||Tuesday, December 13||4pm – 5pm ET|