They give their time and talents to spread the word about the opportunities available through the NHSC and serve as additional local resources for current NHSC members. NHSC Ambassadors inspire and motivate students and providers to provide primary health care in communities with limited access to care.
You spread the word about the NHSC
- Tell people about your role
- Talk about the Corps
You increase the applicant pool
- Serve as a resource
- Support the application process
- Connect to potential jobs
You guide students and young providers
- Enhance classroom training
- Create hands-on learning experiences
- Serve as a mentor
The NHSC provides program updates to Ambassadors regularly and has developed tools to help Ambassadors in their efforts. Ambassadors agree to:
- Plan and/or participate in activities to ensure the NHSC provides prospective and new NHSC members active points of contacts that can help them in their local community. One of those events should be in celebration of Corps Community Day, October 10, 2013.
- Keep contact information updated by emailing NHSCAmbassador@hrsa.gov; so the NHSC can capture the incredible work being done by NHSC Ambassadors.
- Participate in quarterly conference calls specifically for NHSC Ambassadors. The next calls for 2013 will take place on 7/18/2013 and 10/17/2013 from 2pm to 3pm ET.
- Place an NHSC poster at their location so people know you are a resource for NHSC information. The poster can be requested by emailing NHSCAmbassador@hrsa.gov.